Networking barcode label printers within your facility can offer many great advantages, after doing some research I have come up with a list of the top five advantages that most companies find when networking their printers:
- They are able to reduce capital and maintenance costs by removing redundant equipment from their network.
- They simplify and accelerate label printing by providing a high-speed connection between the printer and the host database, and by allowing printing across a LAN, WAN, or intranet.
- They minimize downtime by providing alert messaging, which notifies administrators of problems while printing is under way.
- They can simplify the process of adding printers to the network by enabling non-IT users to interact directly with a printer via its front panel display.
- And they also use web page hosting of forms that are accessed by anyone on the network via a standard Web browser.